- What does a sustainable institution look like?
- Sustainable IT procurement
- The role of IT in delivering sustainability?
- What’s next for sustainability within the sector?
Definition of Net Positive
We can look at Net Positive from two perspectives
–Net Positive impact of a particular institution when we examine how it manages its negative and positive impacts (negative – use of natural and manufactured, positive contribution to human and social capital)
–The overall Net Positive impact of a sector – the total contribution of the learning sector to society
The role of IT in delivering sustainability
- Reduced costs
- Improved reputation
- Smarter working
- Integrated institutional approach toward sustainability
- Student engagement and the Student Experience
- Information sharing / unified approach
- Enhancing Teaching and Learning
- Enhancing Community Engagement
Net Positive Sustainability
–Allows institutions to demonstrate their real value
–Supports the learning sector communicate its real contribution society
–Provides a positive framework to facilitate a whole institution approach
–Put the core business of institutions at the heart of their sustainability strategies