Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. UPS has become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, it manages the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
UPS does more every year to be sustainable and demonstrate leadership in ways that matter to the stakeholders and the world at large.
– Absolute reduction in global greenhouse gas emissions from operations and purchased energy by 2.1 percent compared to 2011, even with a 2.3 percent increase in shipping volume.
– Rapid expansion of our dedicated global healthcare infrastructure to more than 6 million square feet (0.557 million m2).
– A Global Forestry Initiative to plant more than 1 million trees by the end of 2013.
– Outstanding logistics and environmental performance in the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
– Humanitarian relief efforts in 35 countries, with US$2.6 million in in-kind donations.
– Total Charitable Contributions and United Way donations of US$97.5 million, up from 2011 by US$4 million.
– 1.8 million volunteer hours donated by UPS employees and their families, a new record.
– Reset our goal for miles driven in alternative fuel/advanced technology vehicles by the end of 2017, to 1 billion miles – more than double the previous goal.